Skill Level: Medium. You need to know very basic sewing.
You will need:
- white felt (I prefer to use wool or wool blend, it just looks and feels nicer than polyester)
- two bobby pins
- light pink powdered blush
- dark or hot pink powdered blush
- yellow or gold powdered eyeshadow (If you are a super fancy artist, you can use your artist powdered pigments instead)
- a small and large eyeshadow brush
- industrial adhesive (I use E-6000. I love this stuff, it is really strong, you don't have to worry about your flowers falling off. Hot glue can also probably be used, but I think the flowers might fall off since it is not that strong.)
- Newspaper or scrap paper
Let's make a plumeria blossom!
- First, cut out a piece of felt that is tear dropped shape like in the photo above. It doesn't have to be perfect. You can free hand cut the first petal, and use it as a template to cut the others. Cut out five pieces to make one flower.
2. I cut out ten because I was making two flowers. This is what they all should look like.
14. Tie the petals together really tightly so they bundle up, with a square knot. The colored petals should be facing inside.
If you are too lazy to make this and just want the flower, I have them for sale in my Etsy shop: